We are looking for team members to work at a wonderful Organic farm in Buckfastleigh and join the QC team!
What you’ll be doing
Always ensuring their customers receive products that are of exceptional quality they rely on the diligence, care and attention of the QC team to help deliver this. It will be your responsibility to ensure that all items which pass through the QC department, including raw, finished, packaging and dry goods meet the specifications and quality standards.
You will be scrutinising each and every item that comes through the department, conducting compressive assessments which will include Taste, Brix, Pressure, and shelf life tests. With this information you will produce an accurate QC report which will form the basis for clear honest feedback to our suppliers. Your role will expose you to various departments around production and it will be part of your responsibilities to clearly communicate and set expectations for quality around the business.
There will be times where you will be expected to assist the goods in department with accepting, booking in and checking each consignment and delivery for certification and expiry date on relevant products. You will accurately record the information and enter it into our ERP or Microsoft AX system
• Writing accurate QC reports for suppliers, procurement and production. Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of product loss from new deliveries.
• Conducting daily quality checks which are made throughout the barn at regular intervals; fridges, lines, dispatch and grade-out
• Maintain an open, friendly relationship with growers and suppliers
• Prioritising daily workload on a continual basis. Particularly regarding temperature sensitive products.
• Checking all packaging for defects
• Understand and ensure produce is located in the correct storage area this will involve liaising with the stock team
• Working as a team to ensure all procedures are up to date i.e. knife checks, cleaning records, Fridge temperatures.
• Booking-in of all raw material, this will include packaging, meat, dairy, fresh produce and dry goods.
• Conduct temperature, certification and expiry date checks on relevant products. Recording information onto appropriate paperwork.
• Identifying and reporting any under or over deliveries to the relevant departments.
• Assist in other areas of the business as required.
• Observe the Company Health & Safety policy and your role within it.
• Maintain a safe and tidy working area at all times, complying with the hygiene standards.
Skills & experience
You will have some knowledge of fresh produce but perhaps more importantly have the desire and drive to learn more. You will be used to working accurately and at pace, with a good eye for detail. You will already be confident using IT, and perhaps be keen to develop these skills further.
You will have a bright and positive attitude, with an aptitude for numbers and detail. You will enjoy working as part of a team and be a good communicator, showing a willingness to work hard to build relationships with growers, suppliers and other departments within the business.
Skilled Op rate £7.73 per hour increasing to £8.54 per hour after 6 months.
This is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people – and other benefits too. Heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches in the staff canteen; and free organic fruit and veg. There are also many social events for staff, with two big parties a year.
Shift pattern to be confirmed